Welcome to my blog and my random musings about faith, life, and self. My name is Melissa and in the somewhat modified words of author Nicholas Sparks, “I am no one special. Just a common [wo]man with common thoughts. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I’ve loved [A]nother with all my heart and soul and for me that has always been enough.”
This blog is my little space to share random wonderings from my wanderings – both near and far.
- Associate Pastor of youth and missions since 2000 at First Baptist Church, Jefferson City, Missouri. Trying to balance a respect for the traditions of my grandparent’s generation while reaching out to a new generation. Seems impossible some days.
- Proud Auntie of Blake and Morgan
- Amateur Blogger
- Former History Teacher and Counselor for At-Risk High School Students
- Protector, Idealist, Peace-seeker
- Avid reader and want-to-be writer
- INFP according to Myers-Briggs
- A life-long student
- A Peace-Prayer in Progress